2009-04-16

the search for rice flour

Recently I have had a hankering to try baking with rice flour. I started my search at the grocery store because they had a wide variety of non-wheat flours that I wanted to try. I grabbed a package of Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Flour, checked the ingredients (of course) and went on my merry way.

A few days later, I pulled out the package to test it out, and found the allergy label hidden at the bottom of the package, completely away from the ingredients, stating the flour was processed in a facility with tree nuts :(

Today, though, I found rice flour from Ener-G Foods which was not outrageously expensive and is free of the following allergens: gluten, wheat, casein, dairy, egg, corn, yeast, soy, potato, peanut, tree nut. :)

Now, I just have to come up with a fun recipe to submit to the
National Foundation for Celiac Awareness Online Recipe Box...

No comments: