2009-12-11

Carrot Muffins




Sorry these took so long to post! So, through a random series of events, I ended up splitting a 50 lb bag of carrots with a friend. I still have carrots left after lots of chopping and freezing, but I thankfully have a ton of ideas for fun recipes to try out (or ruin as the case has been).

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 c sugar
  • 1 1/4 c apple sauce
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 1/2 tsp egg replacer in 6 Tbsp rice milk or "3 eggs"
  • 2 c flour
  • 2 tsp cinnamon1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 c grated carrots (After grating, I wrapped mine in cheese cloth and squeezed out a lot of the juice.)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl combine all of the wet ingredients. Add the grated carrots and mix well. In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients and mix until combined. Transfer the dry ingredients to the large bowl and mix completely. Scoop into greased or papered muffin tins. I wanted smaller muffins, so I filled the muffin cups half full and made a total of 24. Bake 25 minutes.

For larger muffins, just fill the cups 2/3 to completely full. The baking time may need to be extended up to 5 minutes.

No comments: